The Apartment Association of Metro Denver (“AAMD” or “We”) is a corporation formed for the purposes of promoting the multi-family rental housing industry in the Denver metropolitan area. AAMD may collect certain information from its members, users of AAMD services (the “Services”) or visitors to its Website, www.proapartments.com (the “Website”).
We will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in this Policy. This Policy does not apply to information we collect by other means (including offline) or from other sources.
1. Information We Collect and Use to Provide the Service.
a. Personally Identifiable Information: Personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you with an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may: (i) provide your name, mailing/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Website, using applying for a position or in connection with a contest entry; (ii) provide certain demographic information (e.g., your age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in an event; or (iii) post a product rating and recommendation on our Website. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer or gain access to certain content on our Website.
b. Non-Personal Information: Non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We and/or our third-party service providers obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses (or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the Internet), the type of browser you are using, the third-party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit and the duration of your visits.
2. How we Share Your Information.
a. Personally Identifiable Information. We may share your information with third parties for the purpose of providing the Service to you. In all other cases, we will ask your consent before disclosing your Personally Identifiable information to an unaffiliated third-party or for a purpose other than those for which it was originally collected or specifically authorized subject to the provisions herein. Third parties to which AAMD may disclose personal information include billing service providers, social media companies, and advertisement providers.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect AAMD’s rights or property.
3. How we Protect your Information
4. Sweepstakes Contests and Promotions: By entering any sweepstakes, contest or promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that sweepstakes, contest or promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you. You hereby grant us the ability to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the sweepstakes. If you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion, personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and as required by law or permitted by the sweepstakes, contest or promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list. We may also use non-personal information that does not identify you, aggregated with that of other participants, to carry our targeted promotional activities and improve our products and services.
5. Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you an email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may “opt-out” of receiving future commercial email communications from; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.